Friday, June 24, 2005

Retrospective Introspection!

I rediscovered this term today after having used it a long time back. Its so self-explanatory and apt for what it is meant to convey.

I met Sanju mam today and while speaking to her, I spoke of this innate ability in me to step out of character and watch myself for a while. Through all the pain and anguish and anxiety and hate and love and euphoria…. Just observe it all happening and smile and say thank you to the lord for the knowledge he has thus provided in the form of an experience. That’s what I call retrospective introspection. It was a beautiful day of happy jokes and a mind-blowing weather. Sanju mam is to be hospitalized and I hate to think of her in that bed. Wanted to cheer her up so I felt like spending time with her. To my surprise though, she was quite cheered up and was more kicked about the ‘vacation’ that was coming up. Love that lady, I tell you.

Then I decided to take a look at my place at Juhu. I walked in and opened the balcony. The gust that came in from the sea side just about blew me off. It was such a beautiful sight. Actually it was too dark to see much but all I could hear was the sound of an angry sea and the constant and consistent rhythm of the pouring rain. The trees swayed in silence and the rustle of the leaves was almost lulled by the sound of the breeze sweeping all into a deep endless slumber. I stood and watched through an abyss of nature’s night-out. She was on a roll to say the least. It sounded like a rain-forest in the middle of Amazon. It looked that way too. I could hear myself breath and think. I wanted to sing but breaking that silence would be criminal so I decided otherwise. It was late and I had to tear myself away from that bliss. I could’ve just stood there wondering about myself and all that surrounded me. That was the perfect time for it… Retrospective introspection.

1 comment:

abeer said...

"The gust that came in from the sea side just about blew me off" What can I say, that would be one powerful gust.
"a rain-forest in the middle of Amazon"... hmmm ... as far as my knowledge of them Brazilian jungles go, it is actually the river that flows through the rainforest.
As Dablu Askal Roz once said, "Welcome to the jungle..."