Monday, June 20, 2005

Break Through

One has achieved something after a lot of perseverance and a hell lot of patience. I must admit that I was almost fighting a battle with myself. A battle to stay put and wait till all that I was denied is given to me. A tall order some might say, but I knew it had to be accomplished. I was directioned and I held on to a desire, a desire to follow instinct. A desire to learn how to make profession of hobby. To become an ace in my territory of my choice. And this is where it begins. My tryst with destiny. After trying a lot of things (which I shall not mention), I finally made it through the Xavier’s Institute of Communications. I’m joyed and more relieved to know that there is a chance that I belong here (In the ad industry that is).

Some beautiful lines (extracts from Ullyses) that inspire me at this point and maybe always will are…

…I cannot rest from travel; I will drink
Life to the lees. All times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone;…

…I am part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherthrough
Gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades
Forever and forever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make and end,
To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!
As though to breathe were life! Life piled on life
Were all too little, and of one to me
From that eternal silence, something more,
A bringer of new things;…

…To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
Beyond the utmost bound of human thought…

…There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail;
There gloom the dark, broad seas…

And most importantly of all…

…but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield…
Thank you lord for the notice you have taken to prayers unmouthed but sincere… and continue doing so for all that need the light. Thank you!

No comments: