Friday, June 03, 2005

my trip to Ah-MAD-a-(not so)BAD!

Back after ten whole days. Feels good to smell Mumbai. There was this one decision I made which really happened to craft my thoughts (if not change my life), and that was to take this trip to Ahemadbad. MICA, one of the most renowned institutes in the field of communication held this wonderful workshop for an age group ranging from 16 to 24. it was an experience and quite a motivating one at that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was the very flight we (my cousin harsh and i) flew by.

Ten days of complete madness and a real organized one, followed. The campus was absolutely mind blowing. It’s a shame, I only have some videos so cant show u that here, but this is a picture that shows the road that connected the main classrooms and the various hostel buildings.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And it was two in the morning when I clicked this one. Trust me, the campus was anything but empty. There was a 24 hour canteen and a 24 hour comp lab and a 24 hour library so people could work all night and they did. It was hot most of the time but still the public was quite chilled out. Enough of advertising MICA but I really loved the place. Some how it hurt me a lot to see that I tried and I failed at getting in there and doing all the things that these students did. Writing jingles at four in the morning, doing TV commercials for fun sake, writing scripts, chatting over coffee and cigarettes, the works and all at unholy hours. Just missed it. ‘sigh’
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That would be the group outside McDonalds... amazing each one of them

Anyway, Raunika Sethi, the most calm and matured 24-year-old I have ever come across. The coordinator of the entire workshop. She had a wild persona and god knows she just inspired me to no apparent end. The lady had an aura of complete excellence and she perfected the art of commanding respect. I swear I would have fallen in love with her but I respected her too much to have considered such a base thought. She was a sweet heart.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Raunica, you are the best

Speaking of sweethearts… Ruth Saldana. Man, what a lady… a complete laugh-riot-package-deal. I mean, unholy hours and late nights would not inhibit her sense of humor in the least. Doing her BA with literature was a turn on enough and then she had to go and speak impeccable English. Complimented by the tangential jokes which only I (probably) understood and a machine gun like reply to joke and joke to reply session happened. One crazy instance is when this kid sits behind Ruth and me and starts listening to us rolling in laughter. With a poker straight face, the kid asks, “Ruth, why do you laugh so much?” I had half a mind to turn and whack the kid for all his sins he has ever committed but all I heard was Ruth laghing a little harder. Incessant jokes continued and at this brief moment when Ruth takes a break, the kid says “ok… now… close your eyes… and take a deep breath… and do not laugh anymore!” That would be the cue for her to burst out in splits. Poor guy died of abashment. Then there were the Ruth-isms which for the life of me I cant remember. One was ‘dogma: single word for son of a bitch’… and this comes up in the middle of a classroom session. Could not control any part of my body when I heard this. And then there was the ‘prof-with-funny-pronunciations’ syndrome. Cant really explain how we did it, but we spoke in phonetics. I mean, the hight to which written communication can go, chatting in phonetics?!! Crazy… but Ruth oh Ruth, so much fun.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then there were the sundry mad people who made lots of jokes and fun and the usual stand alone types. Then the ones you cant stand and others who are too sweet and touchy to make jokes or pass funny comments on. But all in all, it just changed a whole lot of things for me. Not to mention my experience with hospitals and doctors, considering my cousin decides to play football with a plastic bottle at 3 a.m. falls and dislocates his left shoulder. Lost out on a couple of days but nothing to regret. I learnt to deal with lots of sudden decision making and I guess I did score pretty well at that. Got back home on the 1st of June and had some amazing memories rolling in my head ever since. Some other pictures that I randomly took are here.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That’s Roxie, the laziest German Alsatian ever. he slept in class and inspired us a great deal.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ruth found a fried frog basking in the sun (if I may say so)… yeah, the frog is dead and crispy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That’s times of India news press… HUGE!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That is the only auditorium in the country to have a floor seating and its in MICA… bottoms down!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Raunak with a golden voice sings an Abhijeet Sawant number… Indian Idiot!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Harsh returning home with a broken limb!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mr. Zeeshaan and Radhika, the two extreme wackheads stand together... killers i tell you
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mr. Accident: Pratik was the man... 'i will jump from the sky for you darling'
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ritu was the cutest and funniest of the lot and also a majorly cathartic sadist i must say. loved her
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
our man Ritesh knew nothing better than what he is doing now... the buddy I can never forget
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Amul almost hired her after she sang her 'Doodh Malai' hit single... Jagrit, muahhh!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Elvis + Leonard Cohen still is not = Phalgun 'Venky' Reddy... i will kill for that voice man!

2 comments:

banthehyphen said...

According to the principles of Vaastu, your pictures should be two inches to the left and facing north by north-west

according to the principles of Feng Shui, only three legged frogs are auspicious. Or ones that perform Uniform Circular Motion.

According to a sign at the airport, photography is prohibited. I am having you arrested on Monday.

So what have we learnt?

Never tickle the toes of a troll.

Anonymous said...

hi rakshit
i actually relived the mica days while reading all this... i loved it... u have put everything down in a beautiful order with an excellence in ur language... u rock... i miss mica a lot more now... n i miss u like crazy too..
i m too impressed n i salute u!
affly
niharika