Tuesday, December 06, 2005

From the attic

I mined through my drawers again… lo and behold; I find some of my old poems, again. It has been years since I wrote any of this. Actually, I have just lost that urge to write the way I did but I still look back at these works and wonder if it really was me who managed to write this way… no its not about my ego being converted to a blimp but I just appreciate the fact that I ‘voiced’ my feelings in different ways vis-à-vis others. Probably, I never had a good enough outlet that I could trust but what it manifested into was quite a memento that I could treasure and refer to in years to come.

This one, for example, was written for that one “perfect” woman who I could spend my life writing about. Strange (and still true), I feel the same way even today. For the records, this was written about six years ago. No, I was not seeing anyone then and did not see anyone for years after that. But today, I feel this has come as close to reality as it can… one of my favorite creations dedicated to one of God’s favorite creations.

NATURE AND YOU

We’ve walked a long distance in the sea-wet sand,
A while singing, a while moaning, we’ve walked hand in hand.
Your praise seems so little all the more it’s said,
When you walk on open roads they are like carpets red,
The day would threaten thunder when you hide your face and cry,
When you look up and smile the clouds clear the sky.
When you speak to nature the blue bells ding-a-ling,
When you stand in the open, the mountains seem to sing.
When your fingers slide through your hair,
Giving them a brush,
The dark night would sigh,
The waterfalls would blush.
The moon watches you sleep, the stars staring too,
Would you be dreaming of nature while nature is dreaming of you?

Ah! The sally of youth…and the gifts thus found…

:-)

3 comments:

abeer said...

'I mined through my drawers again… lo and behold'... can there ever be a better opening line?

As far as the po'm goes, it's a marked improvement over 'Our Gardners at Greenlawns' So long as you don't put that up, its all good.

rakshitdoshi said...

man, that was written on call, the school demanded for a poem for teachers... sorry about that anyway.... :)

thanks for your honest inputs. we shall wrk towards a better post each time for your viewing pleasure...

cheers... biyatch!

rakshitdoshi said...

ah khyati, the next time i see you, it will be a 'reunion' of sorts eh?... ITS BEEN SO LONG U BUSY BIRD U!

and presuming again, arnt we? abeer had read that poem on greenlawns wen we were staying together in nerul... we were not in school together.

and about the frustration... i already have written an acidic mail to the group so thanks for reassurance of it being the right thing to do, if nothing else. na, seriously, thanks for popping in... and madam, pls update... >-/ grrr...

nice to hear from u. :)