Saturday, September 03, 2005

No title for this... creative block!

So many things that have gone wrong over the days. So many, that have gone right. So many, that never register. God knows, life is moving faster than I can recall any of it. May be it is relative but it still is so damn fast.

A friend of mine has gone and done a stupid thing like committing suicide. I will leave it there. I don’t feel like talking about it. Returning to egotistical tendencies, I am as usual buried in work. But this is worth a mention. I had to submit this project on any subject provided it was a power point presentation. That’s where I chose myself as a subject and decided to make a CV (I mentioned it in the last post I guess). So anyway, I hand over these few pics of mine to Najeshda, and ask her to do some art work on it… and man, this sea of creativity, just makes an awesome collage. You can find it here.
Have been spending whole days in college recently. All thanks to animation in 3D. Interesting class but the damn thing starts at nine and ends at eleven and the lectures are at four… projects pile up and group discussions take place for a precise ten minutes. Then what? Eat drink and be merry. Day before yesterday though, we had an awesome four hour jam session with lovely Indian songs dashed and sprinkled with select classics from the west. Incumbents in question: Kavita with a number of years of training backing her voice, Chitra, maybe not trained but a lovely voice none the less, Abhishek, a master at strumming the life into old songs and new Hindi rock. Then there was an Austin who plays the blues and classic rock like no one else. Binita, Khyati, Tanaya, Amruta, Devang, Sana, and Amisha, all fans of music joined in every song and sang aloud in a way I have never heard them. Was such awesome fun. The beauty of it all is when you get back home, there is something new to think and smile about. When one looks back at the day and thinks of all the people one has met and known, it just adds another name to the list of a well lived life. There is guilt in having spent a non-productive day but it is so trifled by the feeling of having achieved a new friend. And dear lord I sound like a desperate housewife or something so I better balk right here.

Considering the kind of write-ups I’m posting these days, I have decided to entertain guest-posts. If the humble readership of this web-page entices any of u, kindly mail me anything you would like to post.

rakshit.doshi@rediffmail.com

4 comments:

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Thanks for coming to see me last night. Sorry I was out when you stopped by.

I read your first three posts. might have done so anyway, but your remarks in the first lead me to think it was a good idea. You have an interesting writing style as if you enjoy writing in quasi-code. Each word seems to hold a key to many other words locked behind it--much like the layers in a complicated computer graphic.

It makes me wonder whether this is purposeful or unconscions and either way what the driving force behind this kind of code writing might be.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

I haven't forgotten you. Send me an email at Meattheoaktree@aol.com. I figured you didn't want to hold a public conversation. I'll be back around in about an hour or two.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hanging out.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

The email didn't work because I got the address wrong. Use the address I emailed you. If you didn't get my email, then, the first for letters of the other email is Meby . . .theoaktree

me by the oak tree